- Various Departments
- Band 6
- Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- £33,660 to £43,307 pa inc
- 04/11/2018 23:59
**OPEN DAY for Band 6 Staff Nurses - Saturday, 27 2018***
Grow your nursing experiences and career at the home of ’24 Hours in A&E’
Recruitment Open Day – unique range of Band 6 nurse opportunities
Saturday 27 October 9am – 3.30pm
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Take a look at one of the country’s busiest and most famous hospitals as a place to develop your nursing career.
We have opportunities at Band 6 level for nurses across the widest range of specialties and services. Structured training and development, varied and rewarding experiences, and the support of a committed, high quality nursing teams, makes St George’s a great place for your next move.
- Come to our Open Day to chat with potential new colleagues, tour our main St George’s site and specialties of interest, and hear about life working here.
- Apply now for an interview on the day – and the chance to leave with a job offer!
As one of the country’s largest, busiest and most exciting Acute Trusts, we offer structured career paths and a huge variety of nursing experiences. Our 40+ wards cover the range of clinical services and patient needs; our Outpatients clinics see 600,000+ patient each year; our world-leading specialties such as Neurosciences work alongside our famous Emergency Department and Major Trauma Centre, and leading-edge Acute and Ambulatory Care units.
As a Band 6 Registered Nurse joining us, you can enjoy:
- Starting salary from £33,660
- Working in supportive, friendly teams committed to Outstanding Care, Every Time
- Structured progression including innovative Band 5-7 Development Pathway
- Ongoing in-house courses, study days including simulator training – with cutting-edge facilities at St George’s University on site, opportunities for post-graduate specialist learning
- South west London life – 25 minutes from central London, yet surrounded by green spaces – in ‘one of the world’s top ten coolest neighbourhoods’ (Lonely Planet)
Please join us on Saturday October 27:
- Apply online (see below) and be interviewed on the day, whether you’re currently a Band 5 Registered Nurse looking for promotion, or a Band 6 nurse looking for a new role – perhaps to experience different areas of nursing. We will confirm your interview in advance.
- Register to attend the Open Day to and find out more about us via the Eventbrite link (bottom right of this page).
- Overseas Nurses are very welcome to apply and/or attend – we have hundreds of such valued colleagues from across Europe and the world! We can also offer online interviews via technologies such as Skype and video-conferencing. Please apply indicating you’re working Overseas at present or contact us directly.
- You will need a recognised nursing qualification and to have passed the IELTS qualification in written and spoken English. We can help you apply – including liaising with the UKBA so you can get your Certificate of Sponsorship to work here – and throughout the process. We will also help you find accommodation and settle into life in south west London.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For more information or queries please contact: Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0208 725 6692