- Various Departments
- Band 5
- Full Time 37.5 hrs per week
- St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- circa £27,000 pa
- 04/11/2018 23:59
***Band 5 Nurses Recruitment Open Day - Saturday 27 October 2018 at St George's University Hospital, Tooting***
Band 5 NQNs/final year students
A unique place to start your nursing career!
Recruitment Open Day - great opportunities NQNs and final year nursing students
Saturday 27 October 9am – 3.30pm
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Discover the widest range of Band 5 specialty nursing opportunities, learning and development routes, and the friendliest of welcomes and ongoing support – at the home of ’24 Hours in A&E’.
- Apply now for an interview on the day – and the chance to leave with a job offer!
If you’re a Newly-Qualified Nurse (NQN), or qualifying in 2018-19, please consider St George’s as the perfect place to start your career.
As one of the country’s largest, busiest and most exciting Acute Trusts, we offer structured career paths and a huge variety of nursing experiences.
Our 40+ wards cover the range of clinical services and patient needs; our Outpatients clinics see 600,000+ patients each year; our world-leading specialties such as Neurosciences work alongside our famous Emergency Department and Major Trauma Centre, and leading-edge Acute and Ambulatory Care units.
As an NQN joining us, you can enjoy:
- Starting salary from £27,627
- Full Supernumerary support and induction, plus Preceptorship programme including a dedicated Preceptor
- Working in supportive, friendly teams committed to Outstanding Care, Every Time
- Structured progression to Band 6 and above: special Band 5 NQN, and Band 5-7 Development Pathways
- Ongoing in-house courses and study days including simulator training – with cutting-edge facilities at St George’s University on site
- South west London life – 25 minutes from central London, yet surrounded by green spaces – in ‘one of the world’s top ten coolest neighbourhoods’ (Lonely Planet)
- Opportunities for post-graduate courses, support from Practice Educators
You can apply online (see below) for a NQN role and be interviewed on the day, whether you are already qualified or in your final year as a nursing student. We will confirm your interview in advance.
Or please do visit us to find out more. You’ll get to meet potential new colleagues, tour our main St George’s site, and hear about life working here. You can register as an Open Day attendee via the Eventbrite link (see bottom right of this page)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Jacqui D'Silva, Recruitment Administrator
Tel: 0208 725 1026
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0208 725 6692