- Band 8c
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- £65,753 - £77,906 pa inc
- 26/10/2018 23:59
Highly Specialist Pharmacist/Consultant Pharmacist
– Anti-Infective and Infection Management
Band: 8b/8c with EDC
The Pharmacy service is highly regarded within the Trust and has 250 staff members. Investment in facilities includes robotics and state of the art dispensaries and technical services. The department is friendly, forward thinking and constantly expanding with opportunities for personal development and further postgraduate education. We are an accredited centre for the delivery of the Diploma in General Pharmacy Practice. We support the development of independent pharmacist prescribers as a new model of care for our patients.
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has a well established, mature antimicrobial stewardship programme. This is delivered jointly by the Pharmacy department and the Infection Care Group. Medical leadership is provided by the Medical Consultant Lead for Antimicrobial Stewardship.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an experienced, high calibre pharmacist looking to further develop their career, leadership, clinical and prescribing skills in the management of anti-infective and infectious diseases at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The post holder will need to be flexible and organised, be able to align their values with those of the organisation, work well within a team and have a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic pharmacist to make a difference and ensure the best outcomes for our patients. We will provide the successful candidate with a comprehensive induction covering all aspects of Trust work, support from senior pharmacy staff and an environment to develop further.
Key roles will include:
- Lead, manage, strategically develop and deliver highly specialist clinical pharmacy and medicines optimisation in relation to anti-infective use and the antimicrobial stewardship programme within the Trust.
- Lead and be responsible for the provision of services by the pharmacy antimicrobial, HIV and infectious diseases team.
- Work closely with the Trust Antimicrobial Stewardship Lead, and be an active member of the trust Antimicrobial Stewardship committee and Infection Control team to drive effective antimicrobial and antifungal stewardship programme in addition to good infection control management.
- Provide expert advice at highly specialist level on pharmaceutical matters relating to anti-infective.
- Co-ordinate the development of an enhanced antimicrobial prescribing surveillance and feedback system to clinicians.
- Plan and deliver specialist training within pharmacy and to the wider multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to the wider healthcare community in the management of antimicrobials and influence pharmacy practice.
- Support the consultant microbiologists and infection control team in developing a Trust-wide culture that reduces hospital-acquired infection and supports good anti-infective prescribing.
- Contribute to the effective management of new anti-infective in the trust.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of projects or audits to review anti-infective use across the trust.
- Develop a programme of pharmacy initiatives to meet priority issues in infection control and management.
- Work closely with Infection Control team in delivering the Trust Infection control action plan in line with national policy evidence based medicines, good clinical outcomes, patient safety and risk management.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the pharmacy department and medicines optimisation according to Hospital Pharmacy Transformation Plan
The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy challenging environment, be able to manage multiple priorities and deliver against tight deadlines. You will have good communication skills and be an enthusiastic educator. The ability to work autonomously and with a high level of accountability is essential. They should possess a postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or equivalent and have the relevant hospital pharmacy experience. Experience of working and influencing in a multi-disciplinary team would be an advantage.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Mr. Vinodh Kumar (Chief Pharmacist) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02087251580.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0208 725 3051